What would you do with a month stuck at home with a broken foot and strict orders from the doctor not to put weight on it? When it happened to Idea Decanter’s newest writer Christina Macaulay she decided to pick up a new skill: screenwriting. Funny how life can happen to you while you’re making plans.
Her first two feature scripts won prestigious awards (see the list below!) and she’s currently in negotiations on a third. Kind of a big deal!
Show Business from an Early Age
Christina embraced her love of writing and journalism early on, eventually attending Columbia Graduate School of Journalism in New York. She started honing her writing skills at newsrooms across the country through countless hours of live TV, interviews, and scripts evolving into a powerhouse storyteller.
From CNN Headline News to A-List Hollywood stars on the red carpet, Christina has learned one thing: Life is one of the most fascinating journeys you’ll ever have and as humans co-existing on this planet we’re more alike than we are different.
This 3-time Emmy Award nominated anchor, reporter and producer continues her work on and off camera covering Southern California and the world. Her motto is: When you love what you do, you never work a day in your life.
Christina’s Script Accolades
Feature Script: Kissed by an Elephant
- Hollywood International Diversity Film Festival
- Big Apple Film Festival
- Los Angeles International Screenplay Awards
- Atlanta Screenplay Awards
- Nashville Film Festival
- New York International Screenplay Awards
- Film Fest LA
- Evolution Mallorca International Film Festival
- Silicon Beach Film Festival
- Page Turner Screenplays Awards
- NYC International Screenplay Awards
Feature Script: Family Tru$t
- Venice Short Film Festival
- Flicker’s Rhode Island Film Festival ranked as one of Coverfly’s Top 20